Do you love solving complex problems? Do you want to have a direct impact on millions of diverse users each month?
BiblioCommons is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our platform team on major initiatives. As a senior leader at BiblioCommons you will work closely with our Co-founder/ VP of Engineering and be a technical authority working on large scale enterprise applications. You will be responsible for building out features, performing code reviews and working closely with product management to design extraordinary products.
How you'll make an impact:
• Manage a group of talented Platform Engineers/Architects of various experience levels, junior to senior
• Work with our Product teams to establish roadmaps and help plan how they will be met
• Lead successful delivery of features and infrastructure built for maintainability, scalability & extensibility using Agile and Hybrid approaches
• Work with different teams (engineers, product owners, QA, UX) to lead delivery of major projects
• Actively identify bottlenecks and ways to improve engineering productivity
• Communicate up, down and across the organization and co-ordinate with other teams on key projects
• Provide mentorship on system architecture and software standards, and facilitate decision-making within the team
• Support, coach and grow direct reports
• Help recruit top talent
What you'll bring to the team:
• 5+ years of backend development experience in a senior role
• 2+ years of leadership experience having multiple direct reports
• Experience with Java frameworks, preferably: Spring / Spring MVC / Spring Boot / Spring Integration, Hibernate, and related Java technologies
• Track record of successfully delivering large projects in an agile setting
• Vested interest in helping your reports grow as much as possible
• Strong sense of ownership
• Committed to fostering an environment of inclusion
• Degree in computer science or similar discipline or equivalent
BiblioCommons is a growing Toronto-based software company that builds SaaS solutions for public libraries. Located in the heart of the fashion district at Spadina and Adelaide, we have a team of 75+ people that are passionate about making public libraries accessible, delightful and engaging.
A lot of companies tout ‘social impact’, but at BiblioCommons we serve over 8 million diverse users each month by partnering with close to 200 public libraries in Canada, the US, New Zealand and Australia. Libraries are more than just book stacks—they are public spaces that foster learning, connection and community and BiblioCommons is bringing that community online with clever software that powers the world’s largest libraries.
BiblioCommons is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.
Please email our Manager of People and Culture, Alyssa Tilden at firstname.lastname@example.org