Canada Learning Code seeks to grow our Fundraising Team
Canada Learning Code is a national not-for-profit organization championing digital literacy education, working nation-wide and across all sectors to equip Canadians with technical skills. To date, the organization has taught over 80,000 learners through their programs, which are offered in over 30 cities across the country. Founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code. Canada Learning Code’s goal is to create 10 million technology learning experiences for Canadians over the next ten years. Technical skills are a tool of empowerment, and it is the organization’s mission to ensure that all Canadians - particularly those who are currently underrepresented in the tech sector - have access to learn these critical skills and be active participants in the digital age.
Canada Learning Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and inclusion within all our teams (employees and volunteers alike). We are committed to continuing to diversify our Teams across Canada. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate person to join our team as a Vice President of Fundraising
About the Role
Our VP of Fundraising will ensure that we have the happiest sponsors and donors who feel valued and value their contribution to Canada Learning Code. If we meet and/or exceed fundraising goal each year so that we can continue to work toward our mission, our VP of Fundraising will be successful in their role.
- Lead the development and implementation of a fundraising strategy that supports strategic goals across a diverse range of donors
- Develop and execute a sustainable fundraising strategy that supports all of our programs across the country in-line with our growth targets.
- Build an established community of donors and grow our donor base and manage those relationships effectively
- Lead fundraising efforts that enable us to help Canada Learning Code deliver on the mission
- Work closely with the CEO and fundraising coordinator to transition ownership of all existing fundraising relationships
- Develop a communication plan and promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization
- Manage and support our fundraising coordinator to deliver effective stewardship for existing and new partners, grant writing management, lead generation, and chapter-level partnership and fundraising support
- Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and CRM
Ultimately, this role will be shaped by the person who fills it -- you will help determine what strategies and efforts are required to get the job done. The position will require you to be self-directed, creative, innovative and flexible. We are looking for someone who has displayed strong leadership throughout their career to date, and who has brought an entrepreneurial flair to every endeavour that they have undertaken.
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience in fundraising and partnership development at a not-for profit with a track record of raising six figure donations
- You have proven experience securing government grants in Canada
- You have experience managing a budget, sales pipeline using a CRM and using data to drive decision making
- You have experience building and managing relationships with corporations and foundations
- You are comfortable in a hands-on, entrepreneurial environment working on a team as well as independently to reach targets
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You have some experience managing people
- You are passionate about learning environments
- You are a flexible team player and confident in asking the right questions and being engaged to find positive solutions
- You are incredibly self-directed and need little supervision
- You are comfortable problem solving and finding the answers to your questions resourcefully
- You are superbly organized (You are obsessed with list-making)
- You are known for your ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- You love to use online tools and technology to help you be effective and efficient
- You consider yourself tech-savvy. You know your way around Google Tools such as Drive, Calendar and Hangouts.
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership over a project with little background information
- You can manage multiple projects, people and deadlines.
- You have a driven personality to see projects and tasks through to completion
- You have a 'no job is too big or too small' mentality
- You are reliable, honest, and trustworthy and have strong integrity
- You take initiative and are excited to come up with creative ideas as part of your job every day
- Fluency in English and French is an asset
Work Hours and Environment
This is a full-time position. Core working hours are 10AM - 4PM Monday to Friday, with flexibility to work outside these hours as you prefer or is needed. This role will work primarily from our HQ office space but our organization has a flexible workplace policy. Our working environment is an alternative, open concept workspace.
This role reports to our Chief Operating Officer
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- 15 days of vacation annually
- Up to 10 Personal Emergency Leave days per calendar year
- Lieu Days for additional days worked, such as attending weekend and evening events or meetings
- Extra time off (usually one week) during Organization downtime in December
- Group benefits including medical and dental
- A very progressive pregnancy & parental leave policy
- The opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
- Enjoy our cool office and modern classroom space at Queen & Spadina (we have 5,000 square feet!)
- Access to our Privacy Room (a private room with locking door for breastfeeding, pumping, prayer, yoga, etc.)
- Be part of a growing team that is changing the digital literacy education industry in a big way