Canada Learning Code seeks to grow our Code Mobile Team
Canada Learning Code is a national not-for-profit organization championing digital literacy education, working nation-wide and across all sectors to equip Canadians with technical skills. To date, the organization has taught over 80,000 learners through their programs, which are offered in over 30 cities across the country. Founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code. Canada Learning Code’s goal is to create 10 million technology learning experiences for Canadians over the next ten years. Technical skills are a tool of empowerment, and it is the organization’s mission to ensure that all Canadians - particularly those who are currently underrepresented in the tech sector - have access to learn these critical skills and be active participants in the digital age.
Canada Learning Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and inclusion within all our teams (employees and volunteers alike). We are committed to continuing to diversify our Teams across Canada. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups.
We are looking for a passionate leader to join our team as a Chapter Program Delivery Manager
About the Role
Our Code Mobile Program Delivery Manager will work hard to ensure our travelling Code Mobile Team Members feel close and connected to Canada Learning Code. This person will help our Code Mobile Leads deliver inspiring educational experiences and reach or exceed our learner goals across all of our programs by developing unique local partnerships and building our community of educators across Canada.
- Ensure Chapter Community members feel close and connected to the Canada Learning Code (CLC) brand
- Grow Code Mobile team and learner impact
- Manage Code Mobile Community financial statement line item (budget vs actual)
- Ensure that administrative processes are reflective of the CLC brand and ensure Code Mobile Team feels adequately prepared to fulfill their duties
- Code Mobile management and growth, including but not limited to:
Collaborate with Code Mobile Leads to ensure events are launched
Monitor the completion of tasks in Basecamp by Code Mobile Leads and other team members
Support in development of training material
Manage Code Mobile document Drive folders
Support the creation and distribution of Code Mobile reporting metrics to support data-driven decision making
Provide appropriate strategic check-in opportunities to team members
Attend, Code Mobile events to provide support and encouragement - some travel may be required
Support Code Mobile team members in offering new program types by coordinating cross-functional HQ teams to support the successful training, support and launch of new programs
- Design and development of processes and procedures (operations manuals, route planning documents, etc.) to ensure overall efficiency and team success
- Support the teams in strategically planning visits
- Job specific training and ongoing professional development
- Oversee administration of Code Mobiles
- Support in logistics of road trips and schedules
- Ensure trucks are being maintained
- Manage overall quality of programming through tools and processes
Ultimately, this role will be shaped by the person who fills it -- you will help determine what strategies and efforts are required to get the job done. The position will require you to be self-directed, creative, innovative and flexible. We are looking for someone who has displayed strong leadership throughout their career to date, and who has brought an entrepreneurial flair to every endeavour that they have undertaken
- You have a G Class Drivers License. This is an absolute must
- You have 3-5+ years of experience managing people/teams. Added bonus of you have experience managing virtual teams
- Strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
- You know your way around a P&L and have some budget management experience
- You have experience facilitating strategic geographic market expansion
- You have experience with training and onboarding staff
- You have experience analyzing data to guide growth efforts
- You have excellent customer service skills
- You have Experience creating and implementing policies and processes
- You have Project coordination experience
- You are mission-driven and passionate about our goals
- You are passionate about learning environments
- You are a flexible team player and confident in asking the right questions and being engaged to find positive solutions
- You are comfortable problem solving and finding the answers to your questions resourcefully
- You are superbly organized and enjoy list-making
- You are known for your ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- You love to use online tools and technology to help you be effective and efficient
- You consider yourself tech-savvy. You know your way around Google Tools such as Drive, Calendar and Hangouts
- You have a basic understanding of HTML, CSS and Web Design
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership of a project with little background information
- You can manage multiple projects, people and deadlines
- You have a driven personality to see projects and tasks through to completion
- You have a 'no job is too big or too small' mentality
- You are reliable, honest, and trustworthy and have strong integrity
- You take initiative and are excited to come up with creative ideas as part of your job every day
- Fluency in English and French is an asset
Not technical? No problem. The first little while in this role will be a technical “crash course”, getting you trained on basic coding, on computational thinking principles, and on our web tools!
Work Hours and Environment
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week). Core working hours are 10AM - 4PM Monday to Friday, with flexibility to work outside these hours as you prefer or is needed. This role will work primarily from our HQ office space at 129 Spadina Avenue but our organization has a flexible workplace policy. Our working environment is an alternative, open concept workspace.
Some evening and weekend work will be required. Some travel may be required.
This role reports to our Chief Executive Officer.
The salary range for this position is $70,000-$80,000 annually.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions in our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- 15 days of vacation annually
- Up to 10 Personal Emergency Leave days per calendar year
- Lieu Days for additional days worked, such as attending weekend and evening events or meetings
- Extra time off (usually one week) during Organization downtime in December
- Group benefits including medical and dental
- A very progressive pregnancy & parental leave policy
- The opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
- Enjoy our cool office and modern classroom space at Queen & Spadina (we have 5,000 square feet!)
- Access to our Privacy Room (a private room with locking door for breastfeeding, pumping, prayer, yoga, etc.)
- Be part of a growing team that is changing the digital literacy education industry in a big way