Canada Learning Code seeks to grow our Team
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on female, trans, and non-binary adults and youth, people with disabilities, Indigenous youth and newcomers, Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast to coast to make sure that all Canadians have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code.
Though 2020 has certainly gone differently than we expected it to, at Canada Learning Code we remain focused on our mission. Today, we are delivering live-online learning experiences across the country for adults, youth and educators. To date, Canada Learning Code has reached over 600,000 learners through an in-person experience.
Canada Learning Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and inclusion within all our teams (employees and volunteers alike). We are committed to continuing to diversify our Teams across Canada. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups - such as people of all gender expressions, indigenous people, and people of colour.
We are looking for a bright, mission-driven, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Fundraising Coordinator
What Success Looks Like
- Our funding partners feel confident supporting us. They look forward to working with us and trust us with their investment in Canada’s digital future.
- We maximize existing programs and create new and innovative ways for organizations and individuals to give generously and support our work
- We surprise and delight partners by sharing frequent impact reports and magic moments from our network.
- Funding deliverables are met and exceeded through close cross-functional internal collaboration and communication.
- Successfully prospect, solicit and on-board partners at the $25,000 and under level and work closely with the Director of Fund Development to secure partners at the $25,000 and over level
- Develop tailored proposals and grant applications that resonate with potential funding partners and reflect our strategic priorities.
- Support the development of our prospect pipeline through researching, identifying and qualifying potential corporate, individual, foundation and government funders.
- Work closely with the Fundraising team to ensure our partners have a fantastic end to end giving experience and all funding deliverables are met.
- Respond to prospect and donor inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Contribute to data-driven decision making by tracking all activity in Salesforce.
- Draft quarterly and annual impact reports for partners and work cross-functionally to gather key metrics, stories, etc.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to surprise and delight our partners, through learning about their key interests and priorities and finding ways to share “magic moments” and engage them in initiatives.
- Coordinate check-in calls with key partners, including preparing meeting agendas, meeting briefs and recording meeting minutes.
- Work with Program Design and Program Delivery teams to ensure partner deliverables are incorporated into program execution and identifying new funding opportunities and areas for engagement.
- Coordinate and execute sponsor recognition and engagement events including corporate volunteer days; speaking events; etc.
- Attend Canada Learning Code events, sponsor events and networking events as a representative of the Canada Learning Code Fundraising Team as required (requires flexibility to travel and work evenings/ weekends when necessary).
- Prepare thank you notes, tax receipts and related partner correspondence including handling all shipping.
- Brainstorm and develop new ways of recognizing sponsors on ongoing basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two to four years of fundraising or related work experience (sales, business development, grant writing)
- Post-secondary education in marketing, fundraising, communications or combination of education and related experience
- Exceptional relationship building skills, with comfort communicating in writing, video call, and in person
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
Demonstrated proposal development and project management skills
- Experience successfully prospecting and securing support at the $25,000 level
- Experience working in non-profit organizations preferred
- Experience working with Salesforce preferred
- Experience working with community volunteers an asset
- Fluency in English and French is an asset
Work Hours and Environment
This is a full-time position. Due to Covid-19 this role will work completely remotely until at least January 2021. Our team will return our HQ office space when it is safe to do so - an entire floor at Queen and University (right around the corner from a subway station)! We have an open concept workspace, meeting rooms and a kitchen plus lunch room!
This role may require some evening and weekend work.
This role reports to our Director of Fund Development.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- 15 days of vacation annually
- Up to 10 Personal Emergency Leave days per calendar year
- Lieu Days for additional days worked to attend weekend and evening programming
- Extra time off (usually one week) during downtime in December
- A professional development budget
- Group benefits including medical and dental
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave top-up benefit
- The opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
- Be part of a growing team that is changing the computer science education industry in a big way