Canada Learning Code seeks to grow our Program Delivery Team
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on women, girls, people with disabilities, Indigenous youth and newcomers, Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast to coast to make sure that all Canadians have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code. Today, Canada Learning Code operates in over 35 communities across the country, driving results through program design and delivery, strategic industry and public partnerships, research and advocacy. To date, the organization has reached over 250,000 learners through an in-person experience.
Canada Learning Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and inclusion within all our teams (employees and volunteers alike). We are committed to continuing to diversify our Teams across Canada. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups.
We are looking for a mission-driven, detail-oriented, experienced leader to join our team as a Community Success Manager
What Success Looks Like
Our experiences are delivered across the country by dedicated volunteers in markets both large and small. These amazing folks need support from HQ in order to launch, create and deliver high-quality experiences from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
- We deliver inspiring educational Code Mobile experiences in every Province and Territory across Canada
- We reach or exceed our learner goals across our Code Mobile programs
- We develop unique local and national partnerships and build our community of educators and learners through our Code Mobiles
- Ensure Code Mobile Team members feel close and connected to the Canada Learning Code brand through high-touch support including (but not limited to): training, collaborative problem solving and directing our team to information and resources
- Manage all Code Mobile Team Members from ‘hire to retire’.
- Ensure that administrative processes are reflective of the CLC brand and values
- Work with People and Culture and other cross functional teams to develop training resources to support effective onboarding and ongoing execution of Code Mobile-delivered meaningful learning experiences
- Ensure the Code Mobile Team feels adequately prepared to fulfill their duties and deliver meaningful learning experiences in their communities
- Facilitate consistent check-ins and strategic calls with Code Mobile Teams in order to provide appropriate direction and support to them, as well as deliver feedback to HQ
- Support the creation of Code Mobile reporting metrics to support data-driven decision making
- Attend, when possible/necessary/economically feasible, Code Mobile experiences to provide support and encouragement - some travel is required
- Support Code Mobile Team in offering new program-types by coordinating cross-functional HQ teams to support the successful training, support and launch of new programs
- Spearhead and manage Salesforce processes and ensure up to date and accurate data across Code Mobile teams
- Analyze Code Mobile data and provide insights and feedback to optimize resources and results
- Respond to queries from our community of learners and volunteers through Helpscout, our customer service software
- Manage and reconcile Code Mobile budgets
- Other responsibilities, as necessary
- You are an excellent relationship builder and cultivator
- You are focused on serving the needs of key stakeholders to ensure their success
- You are empathetic with - and interested in - our Communities of Focus
- You have strong communication skills
- You are a flexible team player and confident in asking the right questions and being engaged to find positive solutions
- You are comfortable problem solving and finding the answers to your questions resourcefully
- You are superbly organized (You are obsessed with list*making)
- You love to use online tools and technology to help you be effective and efficient
- You consider yourself tech-savvy. You know your way around Google Tools such as Drive, Calendar and Hangouts.
- You have a driven personality to see projects and tasks through to completion
- You have a 'no job is too big or too small' mentality
- You take initiative and are excited to come up with creative ideas as part of your job every day
- You can expect that this role will be both fun and challenging. You will help shape the roles and what it takes for you to be successful
- Fluency in English and French is an asset
Work Hours and Environment
This is a full-time position. This role will work primarily from our HQ office space - an entire floor at Queen and University (right around the corner form a subway stop)! We like to work face to face but have a flexible and accommodating work location policy. We have an open concept workspace, meeting rooms and a kitchen plus lunch room!
This role may require some evening and weekend work. Some travel may be required.
This role reports to our Director of Program Delivery.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- 15 days of vacation annually
- Up to 10 Personal Emergency Leave days per calendar year
- Lieu Days for additional days worked to attend weekend and evening programming
- Extra time off (usually one week) during downtime in December
- A professional development budget
- Group benefits including medical and dental
- A very progressive pregnancy & parental leave policy
- The opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
- Be part of a growing team that is changing the digital literacy education industry in a big way