Canada Learning Code seeks to grow our Fundraising team
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on women, girls, people with disabilities, Indigenous youth and newcomers, Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast to coast to make sure that all Canadians have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code. Today, Canada Learning Code operates in over 35 communities across the country, driving results through program design and delivery, strategic industry and public partnerships, research and advocacy. To date, the organization has reached over 250,000 learners through an in-person experience.
Canada Learning Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and inclusion within all our teams (employees and volunteers alike). We are committed to continuing to diversify our Teams across Canada. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups.
We are looking for an experienced leader with a passion for business development to join our team as a Director of Fund Development
What Success Looks Like
- We meet and/or exceed fundraising goal each year
- We have diversified income streams through a strong sponsorships, donations and grant strategy
- We have the happiest sponsors and donors who feel valued and value their contribution (positive feedback, upselling, magic moments)
- Develop and execute a sustainable fundraising strategy for a diverse range of donors (with a focus on corporate partners as well as major gifts and individual donors) that supports all of our programs across the country in-line with our growth targets
- Participation in organizational programming, operations, budget planning and strategic planning as a member of the Senior Management Team
- Acquire new donors and partners and renews existing partnership agreements to fulfill Canada Learning Code’s aggressive revenue objectives
- Plans and implements all areas of fundraising, including prospect review, research and documentation; cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, corporation, foundations, and community groups
- Develop proposals for projects tailored to the specific interest of corporations, foundations, individuals and associations
- Oversee development of stewardship plans, including the appropriate publicity and recognition of gifts, the reporting of money spent and progress, and the building of long term relationships
- Work with the Marketing Team to develop campaign materials, including case statements, campaign packages and other communications
- Oversees the coordination of the resources necessary to carry out the annual operating fundraising program, including development budget, a donor database and other fundraising tools
- Supervises the maintenance of digital and paper records of prospects, donors, partners, foundations and grant contributors including tax receipts as well as our mailing list and CRM
- Generate queries, reports, exports and any other collection data as needed
- Interfaces with team and Finance to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy including accurate accounting of all restricted and unrestricted income and its sources
- Manage, mentor and coach our fundraising team (Partnership Development Coordinator and Stewardship Coordinator) and maintain an engaged and inclusive environment
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience in fundraising and partnership development at a not-for profit with a track record of raising six figure donations
- You have experience managing a budget, sales pipeline using a CRM and using data to drive decision making
- You have experience building and managing relationships with corporations and foundations
- You are a great people manager and can lead a team through growth to success
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You are comfortable problem solving and finding the answers to your questions resourcefully
- You have a strong ability to strategize and operationalize
- You consider yourself tech-savvy. You know your way around Google Tools such as Drive, Calendar and Hangouts.
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership over a project with little background information
- You take initiative and are excited to come up with creative ideas and solutions as part of your job every day
Work Hours and Environment
This is a full-time position. Core working hours are 10AM - 4PM Monday to Friday, with flexibility to work outside these hours as you prefer and is needed to achieve goals. This role will work primarily from our HQ office space but our organization has a flexible workplace policy. We have an open concept workspace with flexible workspace options.
Some evening and weekend work will be required. Some travel may be required.
This role reports to our Chief Executive Officer.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- 15 days of vacation annually
- Up to 10 Personal Emergency Leave days per calendar year
- Lieu Days for additional days worked, such as attending weekend and evening events or meetings
- Extra time off (usually one week) during downtime in December
- A professional development budget
- Group benefits including medical and dental
- Extended pregnancy & parental benefits
- The opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
- Be part of a growing team that is changing the digital literacy education industry in a big way