Canada Learning Code seeks to grow our People and Culture Team
Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on women, girls, people with disabilities, Indigenous youth and newcomers, Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast to coast to make sure that all Canadians have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code. Today, Canada Learning Code operates in over 35 communities across the country, driving results through program design and delivery, strategic industry and public partnerships, research and advocacy. To date, the organization has reached over 250,000 learners through an in-person experience.
Canada Learning Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and inclusion within all our teams (employees and volunteers alike). We are committed to continuing to diversify our Teams across Canada. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups.
We are looking for a driven and passionate individual with excellent project management skills to join our team as an HR Generalist (Recruitment Management focus)!
- Responsible for ongoing hiring of all CLC employees (upwards of 5 roles per quarter).
- Manage the recruitment pipeline, keeping hiring managers engaged and informed
- Update current and design new recruiting procedures (such as job application, recruitment pipeline, and onboarding processes)
- Keep track of recruiting metrics (such as time-to-hire, cost-per-hire, turnover). Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics like total number of hires by department, turnover rates, etc.
- Implement new sourcing methods (such as social and network recruiting and referral perks)
- Review recruitment software and suggest the best option for company needs (ATS)
- Research and choose job advertising options
- Advise hiring managers on interviewing techniques
- Recommend ways to improve our employer brand to attract more candidates
- Stay up-to-date on labor legislation and inform recruiters and managers about changes in regulations
- Participate in job fairs and career events, if needed
- Build the company’s professional network through relationships with HR professionals, colleges and other partners
- Maintaining physical and digital personnel records like employment contracts and PTO and LOA requests
- Support new team members during their onboarding journey, Gather data like banking, SIN, emergency contacts, and other personnel details
Other Possible Projects may include
Systems and tools implementation, administration, and management
Employment Insurance administration and management
Creating and distributing communications and documents about company policies
Answering employees queries about HR-related issues
Liaising with external partners, like insurance vendors, and ensure compliance
Supporting the organization with upholding Health and Safety standards and programs
- You have proven work experience as a Recruiting Manager, Recruitment Consultant or Recruiting Coordinator (4+ years)
- You have a Degree, Diploma or Certification in Human Resources Management or relevant field - or additional relevant work experience
- You have hands-on experience with ATS & HRIS
- You have basic knowledge of labor legislation (multi-provincial is an asset)
- You have experience with end to end recruitment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills, and strong decision-making skills
- You have excellent organizational skills and diligence, with an ability to prioritize important projects. You love to use online tools and technology to help you be effective and efficient
- Experience with Health & Safety program management is an asset
- You are a flexible team player and confident in asking the right questions and being engaged to find positive solutions. You have a driven personality to see projects and tasks through to completion.
- You can expect that this role will be both fun and challenging. You will help shape the roles and what it takes for you to be successful
- Fluency in English and French is an asset
Work Hours and Environment
This is a full-time position. Core working hours are 10AM - 4PM Monday to Friday, with flexibility to work outside these hours as you prefer and is needed to achieve goals. This role will work primarily from our HQ office space but our organization has a flexible workplace policy. We have an open concept workspace with flexible workspace options.
Some evening and weekend work will be required. Some travel may be required.
This role reports to our Chief Growth Officer.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- 15 days of vacation annually
- Up to 10 Personal Emergency Leave days per calendar year
- Lieu Days for additional days worked, such as attending weekend and evening events or meetings
- Extra time off (usually one week) during downtime in December
- A professional development budget
- Group benefits including medical and dental
- A very progressive pregnancy & parental leave policy
- The opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
- Be part of a growing team that is changing the digital literacy education industry in a big way