Canada Learning Code is Canada's leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on women, girls, people with disabilities, Indigenous youth and newcomers, Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast to coast to make sure that all Canadians have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code. Today, Canada Learning Code operates in over 35 communities across the country, driving results through program design and delivery, strategic industry and public partnerships, research and advocacy. To date, the organization has reached over 250,000 learners through an in-person experience.
Canada Learning Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and inclusion within all our teams (employees and volunteers alike). We are committed to continuing to diversify our Teams across Canada. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups.
We are looking for a program manager with education administration expertise and strong project management and leadership experience to join our team as a Educator Programs Manager
About the Role
Our Educator Programs Manager will help Canada Learning Code develop a strong national brand identity and ensure our delivery teams across Canada feel supported to deliver our programs to K-12 teachers. If we have met our impact goals by equipping teachers across Canada with the resources, support and confidence they need to bring coding to their classrooms, our Educator Programs Manager will have done their job well.
- Work with provincial school boards and educators and other like-minded partners to ensure that Teachers Learning Code materials and learning experiences are promoted, distributed and accessible across the country
- Design, build, and project manage the execution of provincial and national educator events across the country
- Develop and produce print and digital learning resources for educators
Work with our Content Design Manager to ensure that lessons reflect all provincial standards and goals within the K-12 computer science framework
- Lead the growth and delivery of Teachers Learning Code programs and resources across our Chapter, Code Mobile and Community Partner communities
- Occasionally speak or attend conferences and other community events and act as an ambassador for Canada Learning Code’s educators programs
- Research education best practices and incorporate relevant examples into our approach and models
Develop and maintain Learner Personas as a guiding asset for Experience and Content Design, Marketing Strategy and Program Delivery.
- Create and manage Program Research and Experience Guides to support Chapter, Code Mobile and Community Partner Delivery Teams
- Manage all Educator Program projects and lead all necessary internal project management engagements
- Manager in the launch and delivery strategy for all experiences
- Develop program budget execution strategy
- Manage new program pilot strategy
- Analysis of Program NPS and other relevant data to support design, quality and growth
You will have the opportunity to determine what strategies and efforts are required to get the job done. The position will require you to be a leader, take initiative, be collaborative, be self-directed, creative, innovative and flexible. We are looking for someone who has displayed strong leadership throughout their career to date, and who has brought an entrepreneurial flair to every endeavour that they have undertaken
- You have experience with budget management & know your way around a P&L
- You are a highly organized and skilled project manager who can manage multiple people, projects and timelines
- You have an undergraduate university degree in education or business or a similar, relevant educational background
- You understand the needs of educators - and know that needs are always evolving - and have the insights required to design learning experiences and support our delivery teams to deliver our programs and experiences effectively
- You are highly creative and have the ability to think outside the box
- You have strong growth orientation
- You have demonstrated success developing product positioning using personas and data and insights on the competitive landscape
- You have direct education administration sector experience
- You have strong communication skills
- You are passionate about designing effective and inclusive learning environments
- You are a flexible team player and confident in asking the right questions and being engaged to find positive solutions
- You are known for your ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership over a project with only some background information
- You have a 'no job is too big or too small' mentality
- You are reliable, honest, and trustworthy and have strong integrity
- You can expect that these roles will be both fun and challenging. You will help shape the roles and what it takes for you to be successful
- A proven track record in growing an established business would help you be successful in this role
- You might have experience facilitating strategic geographic market expansion
- It would be an asset if you have new and innovative product development experience
- Fluency in English and French is an asset
Not technical? No problem. The first little while in this role will be a technical “crash course”, getting you trained on basic coding, on computational thinking principles, and on tools like Scratch.
Work Hours and Environment
This is a full-time position. Core working hours are 10AM - 4PM Monday to Friday, with flexibility to work outside these hours as you prefer or is needed. This role will work primarily from our HQ office space but our organization has a flexible workplace policy. Our working environment is an alternative, open concept workspace.
Some evening and weekend work will be required. Some travel may be required.
This role reports to our Director of Program Design
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- 15 days of vacation annually
- Up to 10 Personal Emergency Leave days per calendar year
- Lieu Days for additional days worked, such as attending weekend and evening events or meetings
- Extra time off (usually one week) during Organization downtime in December
- Group benefits including medical and dental
- A very progressive pregnancy & parental leave policy
- The opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
- Enjoy our cool office and modern classroom space at Queen & Spadina (we have 5,000 square feet!)
- Access to our Privacy Room (a private room with locking door for breastfeeding, pumping, prayer, yoga, etc.)
- Be part of a growing team that is changing the digital literacy education industry in a big way