Canada Learning Code seeks to grow our Fundraising Team
Canada Learning Code is a national not-for-profit organization championing digital literacy education, working nation-wide and across all sectors to equip Canadians with technical skills. To date, the organization has taught over 100,000 learners through their programs, which are offered in 35 cities across the country. Founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code. Canada Learning Code’s goal is to create 10 million technology learning experiences for Canadians over ten years. Technical skills are a tool of empowerment, and it is the organization’s mission to ensure that all Canadians - particularly those who are currently underrepresented in the tech sector - have access to learn these critical skills and be active participants in the digital age.
Canada Learning Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and inclusion within all our teams (employees and volunteers alike). We are committed to continuing to diversify our Teams across Canada. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups.
We are looking for a bright, mission-driven, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Fundraising Coordinator, Partnership Relations and Stewardship
What Success Looks Like
- Our funding partners feel confident supporting us. They look forward to working with us and trust us with their investment in Canada’s digital future
- We surprise and delight partners by sharing frequent impact reports and magic moments from our network
- Funding deliverables are met and exceeded through close cross-functional internal collaboration and communication
- Create and update Partner Touchpoint Calendars to ensure consistent and meaningful stewardship
- Work cross-functionally to gather key metrics, stories, etc. to include in funding reports and partner communications
- Proactively seek out opportunities to surprise and delight our partners, through learning about their unique interests and priorities and finding ways to share “magic moments” and engage them in initiatives
- Draft quarterly and annual impact reports for partners
- Coordinate check-in calls with key partners, including preparing meeting agendas and recording meeting minutes
- Work with Program Design and Program Delivery teams to ensure partner deliverables are incorporated into program execution
- Write blog posts and social content featuring sponsors
- Coordinate and execute sponsor recognition and engagement events including corporate volunteer days; speaking events; etc
- Work with our Marketing Team to ensure partner logos are appropriately included in public facing materials, including but not limited to event banners, learner materials, swag, impact reports, etc.
- Attend Canada Learning Code events, sponsor events and networking events as a representative of the Canada Learning Code Fundraising Team as required (requires flexibility to travel and work evenings/ weekends when necessary)
- Coordinate with our public relations and government relations firms to ensure partner recognition and visibility as required
- Prepare thank you notes, tax receipts and related partner correspondence including handling all shipping
- Compile and maintain an inventory of stewardship tactics and schedule activities using tools like Salesforce and Basecamp
- Work closely with Fundraising Coordinator - Partnership Development to ensure all partners have a fantastic giving experience and all funding deliverables are met
- Brainstorm and develop new ways of recognizing sponsors on an ongoing basis
- Prepare meeting briefs for the VP Fundraising and CEO as needed
- Record all engagement with partners in Salesforce
- Other duties as assigned
- One year or more of fundraising or related experience (sales, business development)
- Post secondary education in marketing, fundraising, communications or combination of education and related experience
- Strong relationship building skills, with comfort communicating in writing, by phone and in person
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in non-profit organizations preferred
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Experience working with Salesforce preferred
Work Hours and Environment
This is a full-time position. Core working hours are 10AM - 4PM Monday to Friday, with flexibility to work outside these hours as you prefer and is needed to achieve goals. This role will work primarily from our HQ office space but our organization has a flexible workplace policy. We have an open concept workspace with flexible workspace options.
Some evening and weekend work will be required. Some travel may be required.
This role reports to our VP of Fundraising.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.