Canada Learning Code is a national charity championing digital literacy education, working nation-wide and across all sectors to equip Canadians with technical skills. To date, the we have taught over 200,000 learners through our programs, which are offered in over 30 cities across the country. Founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the we have evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code. Canada Learning Code’s goal is to create 10 million technology learning experiences for Canadians over the next ten years. Technical skills are a tool of empowerment, and it is the organization’s mission to ensure that all Canadians - particularly those who are currently underrepresented in the tech sector - have access to learn these critical skills and be active participants in the digital age.
Canada Learning Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and inclusion within all our teams (employees and volunteers alike). We are committed to continuing to diversify our Teams across Canada. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups.
We are looking for a high energy, organized, supportive, education teacher to join our team as an Instructor Training Manager
What Success Looks Like
- Instructors delivering Canada Learning Code Programs across Canada deliver high quality learning experiences that are in line with our Program standards and are mapped to our Learning Objectives
- Instructors feel well supported and equipped with adequate resources to deliver Canada Learning Code experiences
- Instructor training resources reflect Canada Learning Code core values and our Code of Conduct
- You understand the needs of educators - and know that needs are always evolving - and have the insights required to design learning experiences and support our delivery teams/instructors to deliver our programs and experiences effectively (ideally you have experience training and teaching educators
- You have an undergraduate university degree in education or business or a similar, relevant educational background
- You have direct education administration sector experience
- You have experience with budget management & know your way around a P&L
- You are a highly organized and skilled project manager who can manage multiple projects and timelines
- You are highly creative and have the ability to think outside the box. You have strong growth orientation
- You have strong communication skills
- You are passionate about designing effective and inclusive learning environments
- You are a flexible team player and confident in asking the right questions and being engaged to find positive solutions
- You are known for your ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership over a project with only some background information
- You can expect that these roles will be both fun and challenging. You will help shape the roles and what it takes for you to be successful
- You might have experience facilitating strategic geographic market expansion
- Fluency in English and French is an asset
- Deliver online and in-person Instructor Training resources for instructors facilitating experiences through Internal Delivery Partners and External 3rd Party Delivery Partners
- Research best practices in instructional design to create learning experiences to support our theory of change and effective teaching
- Use our design cycle to create, ideate, test, etc. to create training materials offered in person and online (blended learning environments) to our Internal Delivery Partners and External 3rd Party Delivery Partners
- Designing training programs for all Programs, Experiences and Lessons, in collaboration with Program Managers and Content Design Lead
Ladies Learning Code
Girls Learning Code
Kids Learning Code
Teens Learning Code
Teachers Learning Code
- Manage the Lead instructor Training Programs; develop feedback loop solution, prioritize tasks, make updates and improvements.Deliver online Instructor Training Programs to all Instructors, as needed
- Support in the development of Program related training resources across the organization, as needed: Guides, one-pagers, videos, instructor notes and LMS content
- Analysis of Lead Instructor NPS (and other feedback/loop mechanisms) to assess the quality and effectiveness of Instructor Training resources
Work Hours and Environment
This is a full-time position. Core working hours are 10AM - 4PM Monday to Friday, with flexibility to work outside these hours as you prefer and is needed to achieve goals. This role will work primarily from our HQ office space but our organization has a flexible workplace policy. We have an open concept workspace with flexible workspace options.
Some evening and weekend work will be required. Some travel may be required.
This role reports to our Director of Program Design.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- 15 days of vacation annually
- Up to 10 Personal Emergency Leave days per calendar year
- Lieu Days for additional days worked, such as attending weekend and evening events or meetings
- Extra time off (usually one week) during downtime in December
- A professional development budget
- Group benefits including medical and dental
- A very progressive pregnancy & parental leave policy
- The opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
- Access to our Privacy Room (a private room with locking door for breastfeeding, pumping, prayer, yoga, etc.)
- Be part of a growing team that is changing the digital literacy education industry in a big way