Canada Learning Code seeks to grow our Team
Canada Learning Code is a national not-for-profit organization championing digital literacy education, working nation-wide and across all sectors to equip Canadians with technical skills. To date, the organization has taught over 100,000 learners through their programs, which are offered in 35 cities across the country. Founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code. Canada Learning Code’s goal is to create 10 million technology learning experiences for Canadians over the next ten years. Technical skills are a tool of empowerment, and it is the organization’s mission to ensure that all Canadians - particularly those who are currently underrepresented in the tech sector - have access to learn these critical skills and be active participants in the digital age.
Canada Learning Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and inclusion within all our teams (employees and volunteers alike). We are committed to continuing to diversify our Teams across Canada. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups.
We are looking for a bright, mission-driven, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Marketing Manager
What Success Looks Like
- We’re recognized as the best place to learn, volunteer and work by sharing our stories and promoting our work across various channels
- We help our teams reach their learner goals by delivering high quality marketing support including launching programs on time and building awareness of our organization and our programs nationally
- We maintain strong customer service across internal and external stakeholders
- Manage all-things-marketing end-to-end. This is a one person team. You will be responsible for strategy through to execution.
- Build out the Marketing plan and strategic areas of focus and annual goals, as well as the budget.
- Work cross-functionally across all areas of the organization and with our specialized subcontractors (including creative, public relations, photographers, digital marketing and government relations) to deliver high-quality, high-impact marketing support. Manage these relationships.
- Help design and implement marketing and advertising campaigns by assembling and analyzing data, preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives. (digital marketing, drip campaigns, print marketing, etc.)
- Manage our social media and external communications by creating and scheduling social media content, drafting and distributing press releases, creating blog posts, etc.
- Manage our web presence including managing our website through WordPress CMS (Content Management System) which includes strategizing and creating microsites through our modular CMS platform. Some basic HTML & CSS we’ll be required and training will be provided.
- Manage our inventory of physical promotional materials including coordinating requirements with teams, managing inventory levels and fulfilling orders across our delivery teams through our Shopify store platform.
- Monitor and respond to customer service inquiries that come to the email@example.com inbox and fielding other inquiries to other teams
- Lead internal and external communications including internal updates, email marketing campaigns, monthly newsletters, etc. using tools such as Mailchimp and Salesforce
- Work with our teams to execute and maintain our brand standards across all areas of the organization
- Manage the planning and execution of in-person event activations such as press events and ‘magic-moment’ recognition for our partners and sponsors
- Other tasks as required
- University or College degree in a related Marketing or business discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a Marketing role with project leadership
- Experience marketing programs and events is a bonus
Experience with Digital Marketing (drip campaigns) as well as print and other media
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Community Management experience is an asset
- Experience using Salesforce is an asset
- Experience using Eventbrite or another registration tool is an asset
- You have a driven personality to see projects and tasks through to completion, problem solving abilities, and an ability to comfortably hit the ground running
- You have a 'no job is too big or too small' mentality
- You are flexible and comfortable with ever changing needs and environments
Work Hours and Environment
This is a full-time position (40-44 hours per week). Core working hours are 10AM - 4PM Monday to Friday, with flexibility to work outside these hours as you prefer. This role will work primarily from our HQ office space but our organization has a flexible workplace policy. Our working environment is an alternative, open concept workspace.
Some evening and weekend work will be required. Some travel may be required.
This role reports to our CEO.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- 15 days of vacation annually
- Up to 10 Personal Emergency Leave days per calendar year
- Lieu Days for additional days worked, such as attending weekend and evening events or meetings
- Extra time off (usually one week) during downtime in December
- A professional development budget
- Group benefits including medical and dental
- A very progressive pregnancy & parental leave policy
- The opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
- Enjoy our cool office and modern classroom space at Queen & Spadina (we have 5,000 square feet!)
- Access to our Privacy Room (a private room with locking door for breastfeeding, pumping, prayer, yoga, etc.)
- Be part of a growing team that is changing the digital literacy education industry in a big way