Canada Learning Code seeks to grow our Program Design Team
Canada Learning Code is a national not-for-profit organization championing digital literacy education, working nation-wide and across all sectors to equip Canadians with technical skills. To date, the organization has taught over 100,000 learners through their programs, which are offered in 35 cities across the country. Founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code. Canada Learning Code’s goal is to create 10 million technology learning experiences for Canadians over the next ten years. Technical skills are a tool of empowerment, and it is the organization’s mission to ensure that all Canadians - particularly those who are currently underrepresented in the tech sector - have access to learn these critical skills and be active participants in the digital age.
Canada Learning Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and inclusion within all our teams (employees and volunteers alike). We are committed to continuing to diversify our Teams across Canada. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups.
We are looking for a bright, mission-driven, education leader to join our team as an Adult Programs Manager
About the Role
Our Adult Programs Manager will help Canada Learning Code develop a strong national brand identity and ensure our delivery teams across Canada feel supported to deliver our programs. If we have grown our program teams effectively across the country and reach a great amount of people, our Adult Programs Manager will have done their job well.
- Work with like-minded organizations, partners and community members to ensure that Canada Learning Code materials and learning experiences are promoted and accessible across the country
- Work with Canada Learning Code’s Content Design Lead and Instructor Training Lead to grow resources for instructors and ensure that lessons and curriculum reflect community needs, industry standards and are innovative
- Secure 3rd Party Delivery Partners to support capacity building and learner impact within our communities of focus
- Lead the growth and delivery of all adult Canada Learning Code programs and signature events and resources across our Canada Learning Code and 3rd Party Delivery Partners
- Frequently speak or attend conferences and other community events and act as an ambassador for Canada Learning Code’s adult programs
- Research education best practices and incorporate relevant examples into our approach and models
- Create and maintain Program Delivery resources to support Delivery Teams
- Provide support for the Ladies Learning Code Program Delivery Teams and 3rd Party Delivery Partners
- Develop and manage program budget execution strategy
- Manage new program pilot strategy
- Analysis of Program NPS and other relevant data to support design, quality and growth
This role may partially be shaped by the person who fills it -- you will help determine what strategies and efforts are required to get the job done. The position will require you to be self-directed, analytical, strategic, creative, innovative and flexible. We are looking for someone who has displayed strong leadership throughout their career to date, and who has brought an entrepreneurial flair to every endeavour that they have undertaken
- You have experience with budget management & know your way around a P&L
- You have an undergraduate university degree in business or a similar, relevant educational background
- You are highly creative
- You have strong growth orientation
You are driven by results and impact
- You have demonstrated marketing success driving positioning, consumer insights and innovative marketing programming including digital and social media
- It would be an asset if you have new product development and innovation experience
- You have a proven track record in growing an established business would help you be successful in this role
- You might have experience facilitating strategic geographic market expansion
- You have education sector experience - as a teacher or teacher administrator
- You are mission-driven and passionate about our goals for the education system
- You enjoy interacting with kids and are passionate about inspiring and teaching them
- You have strong communication skills
- You are passionate about learning environments
- You are a flexible team player and confident in asking the right questions and being engaged to find positive solutions
- You love problem solving and finding the answers to your questions resourcefully
- You are known for your ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- You love to use online tools and technology to help you be effective and efficient
- You consider yourself tech-savvy. You know your way around Google Tools such as Drive, Calendar and Hangouts.
- You have a basic understanding of HTML, CSS and Web Design
- You can step in to make decisions and take ownership over a project with only some background information
- You can manage multiple projects, people and deadlines.
- You have a driven personality to see projects and tasks through to completion
- You have a 'no job is too big or too small' mentality
- You are reliable, honest, and trustworthy and have strong integrity
- You take initiative and are excited to come up with creative ideas as part of your job every day
- You have first aid training and child and infant CPR (if you don’t have it already, it will be required that you get it prior to your start date).
- You can expect that this role will be both fun and challenging. You will help shape the roles and what it takes for you to be successful
- Fluency in English is a must. Fluency in French - or in another language is an asset
Not technical? No problem. The first little while in this role will be a technical “crash course”, getting you trained on basic coding, on computational thinking principles, and on tools like Scratch.
Work Hours and Environment
This is a full-time position. Core working hours are 10AM - 4PM Monday to Friday, with flexibility to work outside these hours as you prefer or is needed. This role will work primarily from our HQ office space but our organization has a flexible workplace policy. Our working environment is an alternative, open concept workspace.
Some evening and weekend work will be required. Some travel may be required.
This role reports to our Director of Program Design
The salary range for this position is $65,000-$75,000 annually.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- 15 days of vacation annually
- Up to 10 Personal Emergency Leave days per calendar year
- Lieu Days for additional days worked, such as attending weekend and evening events or meetings
- Extra time off (usually one week) during Organization downtime in December
- Group benefits including medical and dental
- Other benefits like a professional development budget
- A progressive pregnancy & parental leave policy
- The opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
- Enjoy our cool office and modern classroom space at Queen & Spadina (we have 5,000 square feet!)
- Access to our Privacy Room (a private room with locking door for breastfeeding, pumping, prayer, yoga, etc.)
- Be part of a growing team that is changing the digital literacy education industry in a big way